Thursday, August 26, 2010

what better gift for labor day than a dog?

Do people receive gifts for Labor Day? Well, they do now!

As many of you know I currently own three dogs, while I love ALL of my dogs it's time to give Betsy (my corgi mix) up as originally planned. If you know anyone who may be looking for a dog, please forward this message to them.

Betsy is a little over a year and a half old weighing around 30 lbs. The vet believes she is some kind of corgi mix. I fostered Betsy, along with her pup, Maggie, this past December and shortly found out later she had heartworms. After 2 months of heartworm treatment and several shots later, Betsy is a healthy, playful dog. She is currently up to date with all of her shots, microchipped and will be spayed very shortly. I could easily drop Betsy off at the Human Society, but it is of utmost importance to me to find Betsy a loving owner to shower her with attention and love. While I do not know much about her background, it's apparent her previous owners either neglected her or she ran away at an early age as she has lacerations around her neck from a tight collar. Betsy can be a little nervous at first, especially towards men, but it does not take her long to warm up to both humans and canines. Betsy is a sweet dog who loves to cuddle. Quick and agile, Betsy knows all of her commands and is quite the runner. In addition to her sweet disposition, Betsy can be a bit sensitive and hates getting in trouble. She loves to please her owner...especially for treats!

Unfortunately, Betsy did not have a proper home as a young puppy, but with your help, she may be able to find an owner that will love her unconditionally. Attached are a couple of pictures of Betsy. I hope that you or someone you know maybe able to find Betsy a new home instead of the Humane Society.

Thanks for your help!





1 comment:

The Whitfields said...

Love your blog, Monica! I just came across it. Thanks for posting Lacy on it too! Hope you're doing well girl!